Wednesday, 24 October 2012

Evaluation

`Evaluation

Journey

The first thing we did was to get our assignment brief. We read through it all and it said we had to create a 1-minute film about something associated with 'Journey'. We then had to write large paragraphs on 3 different ideas we could use including what angles we would use and lighting.

Storyboards

Next we had to create a storyboard for each of our ideas, included what shots we would use and explaining what each scene would include and using images off the internet. I did a storyboard for each of my ideas, 'plant life', 'travelling to college' and 'cheesecake'.


Treatment

Third task was to write out a treatment for our chosen idea, this included each persons assigned job, what tv slot it would be, what time it would be on and how it why people would like it. 

Shot List

I did two kinds of shot lists. One was for research and I went on the internet to look up lots of different shot types. The second one I did was a list of all the different shot types I would use in my cheesecake film.

Filming

Filming it went quite well, mainly because of the amount of planning that went into it. It took approximately an hour and a half. We took our time and left 5 seconds at the beginning and end of each shot to make sure we got it all. Certain parts of the procedure slowed us down such as waiting for it to cook. But luckily enough it turned out well and was quite enjoyable.

Editing

I was surprised with how much I enjoyed editing it, seeing as it was the part I was dreading the most. I thought the program looked quite scary but once I got the hang of it, it was quite easy. I cropped down all of the shots and even got rid of some bits I didn't need. Then I added a song to it whilst fading out the beginning and end and adding my logo to the beginning of the film. I look forward to editing on Adobe Premier Pro again.

No comments:

Post a Comment